Sunday, September 18, 2016

My thoughts

when will this baby be born? PLEASE GET OUT OF ME RIGHT NOW. every time I go to the bathroom, I think to myself, is this my water breaking or a normal bathroom situation?
Will she be too big or too little or just right?
Will I just end up having another c section?
how many frozen pizzas should I buy to prepare for having two kids?
How necessary are these baby booties that promise to stay on way better than socks? I mean, it will be getting cold soon. How cold is cold enough to buy these booties? How often will baby be wearing non footed pajamas to warrant this purchase? Why am I thinking so much about this. buy the stupid booties or don't buy them, and get over it.
How necessary are these adult booties? They pop up in ads all the time on social media and they always look so cute. They are not necessary. I will not buy them.
Why won't Ella wear a jacket in the morning when its cold? I tell myself, don't stress about it. It's not cold enough at all where anything bad will happen if she doesn't wear it- so it really doesn't matter.
I'm not keeping up with any television shows right now. How is that even possible? I don't remember the last time that happened. I've been hearing of some good ones - "Stranger Things" for instance on Netflix, but I weirdly don't have the patience to start.
I bought peaches from a farmers market stand the other day- and they are some of the most delightful things I have eaten in a long long while.
I am so blessed and lucky to have my parents living so close to me. They are such generous parents and grandparents. I love that my experience with my grandparents was so good as a child (running around in their gardens and picking fresh figs and green beans and seeing lizards and spiders on their porch and loving their company- thanks Granny Phoebe) and Ella is doing those same sorts of things with my parents- vegetables and wildlife and company included.


4 comments:

  1. It is good that you worry about baby bootees! Ah! Baby won't care...AND why won't Ella wear a jacket on a cool morning? Because Hannah feels cool- not Ella!
    AND nothing worth watching on the TV. I revert back to HGTV when nothing else to watch! (But the $150 bill comes in the same). Do you really want to see Hillary & Donald again?
    Times change... no figs on the bush and I killed a cockroach in the house!
    Oh well- that's life and love from nervous traveller Granny Phoebe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some booties like that for Mack. Total waste. I don't think he wore them once :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that time when you didn't want to where your coat to preschool an the teachers thought we were pretty poor an gave you a long blue coat. I was so embarrassed. But you flat did not want to wear it on what I thought was a cold day. Lol love mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember that time when you didn't want to where your coat to preschool an the teachers thought we were pretty poor an gave you a long blue coat. I was so embarrassed. But you flat did not want to wear it on what I thought was a cold day. Lol love mom

    ReplyDelete